Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

I have realized that important things that we are used to being in our lives are taken for granted. President Hinckley passed away this evening and it made me hurt deep inside like a part of me is lost without him. Not only has he been the Prophet of our church for so many of my childhood
years, but he is a distant relative. It was always neat when I was in high school and I could share stories of pioneers in my family and it would always lead to me talking about how I was related to President Hinckley. I thought it was cool then but I think it's even more cool now. I guess I just took it for granted. And I think it will help me to want to do genealogy work more now than I have before. When I was younger I did get into it because my grandparents worked at the genealogy library but I think it's time I did even more research. It is so important for us to get the work of our ancestors done. This is something President Hinckley agrees with so hopefully we can all have just a little more effort in getting work done for our relatives so that we can all be together again one day. I know we all love and will miss President Hinckley. He was a good Prophet, husband, father, and friend.

No comments: