Thursday, January 17, 2008

Aliana has arrived!!


Monday morning I called for an appointment to check to see if I was dilated. She didn't even check me for that because my blood pressure was above normal (which never happens for me), I had swollen ankles, and I was getting a really bad headache. The midwife was concerned because of the preeclampsia symptoms I was having. She said she would call the hospital to check if there was room there so I could get induced. I was so excited because I had been feeling miserable!! There was room so she told me to hurry over there and that she would be there that evening to start inducing me. The medicine she put behind my cervix took twelve hours to work so all I could do was lay there and wait. The next morning around 9am the contractions started getting harder on their own and I was feeling it. My mom and Roger talked me into having an epidural. I was really against it at first but the contractions were only like a minute apart and the night before they had given me ambien to sleep but it had only make me throw up all night so I didn't get any sleep. You can tell from the pictures!! So I asked for an epidural and it was quick and easy this time so I was so happy because then I slept for about an hour and then they asked me to get on all fours to rock the baby's head down. I did that for about 5-10 minutes and turned back over and told them I needed to push so the nurse looked and could see her head already coming and said oh yeah we'll get your midwife here asap. I told her I couldn't wait but I tried and as the midwife walked in I started to push and with one big push she was out!! Yes it was incredible and short compared to Ethan's!! I was so relieved that everything worked out this way because I had been so worried about doing a natural labor again being as sick and tired as I was. I rested in between contractions with Ethan's labor but no time for that this one!! She was a healthy 8 lbs. 0.7 oz. She was born at 10:57am. She is 19 1/2 inches long. Her hair is darker and a lot thicker than Ethan's. The first day we thought she looked a lot like Ethan when he was born but since then she's getting her own look. She's sleeping really well!! Yeah for me!! And everyone loves her!!
Great Grandma Waites hold Aliana for the first time! Ethan was so cute when he met her. He pointed at her and then when she got closer he leaned in for a kiss. No one even told him too, but of course we told him to again so we could get a picture. It made me cry!!
Aunt Kaitlin holding her niece!
My aunt Shauna was nice and watched Ethan the day I went into the hospital and even over night. He even ended up sleeping with her and my uncle slept on the couch! Sorry Webb!! She brought her kids and Ethan up to see Aliana!!

Great Grandma Waites, Poppy, and Viki were all outside my room waiting with my dad while Aliana was born and getting cleaned up.
This picture is awesome!!

Her Grandpa showing her off!!
Nana was so excited to get a picture with her since she's the one always taking the pictures!! And we definitely appreciate it!


Close up of Ali when she's all cuddled up with Great Grandma Waites.
She was so alert when she was born!! Look at that wavy hair!
Her daddy admiring her!
Poor Roger has been sick all week and was even throwing up while I was pushing but was so excited when he got to hold his little girl!! She's a daddy's girl already! Everytime I give her to him she just cuddles with him and stops crying!! It's awesome!!
Us together right after! Oh my heck look at those bags under my eyes!! I was so exhausted!!

12 comments:

camery said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely perfect. I am so glad you were able to have a better experience this time! I can't wait to meet her!
Camery

Tiana said...

Congrats! She is so adorable.

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Oh so fun... congratulations!

Krystin said...

i'm glad everything went well... i have been waiting to hear the news! you totally have two kids now.

TribalArtery said...

You can be justifiably proud of such a beautiful baby girl. Congratulations.
When you get a moment, I am curious about the family lineage of "great grandma Waites".

As you can see, I share the family name and I have trying to find the road back to my ancestors.

If you have any information, I will be happy to share what I know.

Thank you and congratulations again

Aly said...

I am so happy for you guys! She is beautiful. Don't you just love having a little girl too! I'm glad it went so well this time. I am so jealous. I hope you feel better soon. I wish we could be out there to meet her.

Aly said...

I am so happy for you guys! She is beautiful. Don't you just love having a little girl too! I'm glad it went so well this time. I am so jealous. I hope you feel better soon. I wish we could be out there to meet her.

us... said...

OH my word Ashley! Aliana is beautiful! I love her hair. We were talking about another here in a couple months and those pictures just sealed the deal! Congrats and I hope recovery goes well for you!

Walkers said...

Welcome Aliana! I love you! I can't wait to meet you so we can be best friends- Aleksa

Ash- she is so beautiful! She does look a lot like Ethan- so cute- I love it!

Megan said...

Congratulations!

I'm so glad you finally had her. She is beautiful, and I'm glad everything went so well for you.
Welcome to the world of 2 kids. Lots of fun times!

Reams Fam said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Alisha Marlatt said...

Congrats Ash! I was just in ML about 2 weeks ago and I thought about you, but I didn't have a chance to call you. Hope you are feeling well. I love all her hair! My girls had tons of hair too. She's very cute!