Thursday, January 29, 2009
* While I was there one night I was taking Ethan to bed and told him to tell my parents "love you" and he totally said it. Of course it sounded a lot like "wub you", but hey it's a start!! I was so excited I kept making him say it over and over. Than I realized I probably shouldn't or else he'll get burned out from it and not want to say it for me much more.
* That following week I had set my alarm for 5AM so I could get up and do some work on the computer before the kids woke up. Well my alarm went off and immediately Ethan's eyes came open so I just laid there and tried to pretend like I went back to bed. Well I was peeking a little and he started to pull the covers over his face a little and then he popped out and said "BOO". It was too cute I couldn't stop laughing. I mean at 5AM there isn't anything like your little kid being hilarious when you're dead exhausted. Roger rolled over and said "honey it's early and I need sleep". Since I couldn't stop laughing Ethan said, "boo" and few more times pulling the blanket up and down each time and then I quickly got him back to sleep.
* He has been saying a lot more words. Some of my family members said it was normal for one of their boys to not talk until they were closer to three so I was beginning to accept it until my dad got his new job and he does a lot of well child checks and said Ethan should be saying atleast 30 words by now. Well he attempts 30 words but can't quite finish the ends of all words. The past couple weeks however he has been trying to say almost everything!! I love it!! And I've been trying to teach him colors so he's been saying those as well. I love when he says "lellow" for yellow. It's so cute!!
* Ethan has been so attached to me. You would think that I leave him all the time or something, but no I'm with him too much perhaps!! I don't think we'll ever be able to leave him alone in nursery. It's really hard because Roger and I really want to be able to stay in class and listen, but either one of us is either in there with Ethan or out in the hall with our on-the-go Ali.
* He loves the movie Wall-E now. It's so cute because he says Wall-E all robotic like Wall-E says it in the movie. We didn't know he knew how to do it until we were in Costco one day and walked by a TV that was playing it and he said it and Roger and I just busted up laughing. I guess my cousin Karissa taught him how to say it that way. Too funny.
* For some reason he's been fighting bath time the last couples weeks. He used to love it before so I'm not sure what his deal is. I almost wonder if it's because Ali hogs the faucet the whole time and that's where he used to play.
* He hit mom's nose with the hamper the other night and she has a bruise from it. I feel so bad for her. He's crazy though!! Such a boy! He also likes to call her "mom" for some reason!!
* He hates when things get on his hands such as food, play dough, etc that don't come off just by clapping them together so he's constantly holding his hands out sayings "hands" so I can wipe them for him.
I love this crazy little guy...and I can't get enough of him...I think I need another boy....:)
Saturday, January 24, 2009
*If you are having problems loading the website either there is an ActiveX download bar in yellow at the top of the page you need to allow or you need to download the flash player, but other than that the website should work on your computer. It might take a second to load because there are a lot of pictures on there for the computer to read.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Ethan couldn't help but help!!
Well today about 3:45PM he gets a call and they say, "We're really excited for you, because you got in to the Phlebotomy course!!" Man was he so relieved!! I told him it was just an answer to my prayers!! So Monday he has to go fill out some more paper work for financial aid and he'll start the course on February 16th!! Wahooooo!!! Good Job BABE!!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
to Aliana!! Yes she is a year old and I am having a hard time believing it. This year has gone by too fast. The following still images were taken today by my mom in five minutes while I worked on our new website that will soon be completed so stay tuned. We wanted to capture her on her special day and I finally figured out that she can have back side pigtails. I have done them in the front and even a little braid, but never in the back. She looks so grown up. I can't believe my BABY is one!!! You can tell by these pictures that she is one busy girl. She went from the living room to the window, from the window to the stairs, from the stairs to the couch, from the couch to the window again, and then to play with blaze. I love her beautiful smile!!!
Sorry that the video quality is so low. If you want to see the high quality version you can go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLSWmBwYpT4&feature=channel_page and underneath the video click on watch in high quality. Some of the pictures cut off on the side too, but I can't change it...
Friday, January 9, 2009
Ali has been getting into more now that she walks everywhere. And she climbs up anything. She climbed up her crib rails tonight and into Ethan's toddler bed and she will just somersault to get out. It's too funny. I didn't know she could get down from the couch either but she turned right around and slid off. It amazes me at how once these little babies reach a certain age they just go and go!! And they get so determined to do something and they'll finally accomplish it. Over the Christmas break she started really walking just about everywhere and now she's really trying to run because her brother just attacks her all the time so she grabs things and takes off as fast as she can so he can't get her. I love seeing her in a dress at church now because you can actually see it when she walks around and she hated getting all caught up in it when she would crawl. It drove her crazy!! Sunday at church while she was walking around she kept holding her dress up like she was about to curtsy.
Whenever I catch her in something or if she sees me coming (because sometimes I don't realize she's even done anything wrong) and she's getting into something it's like she knows she's going to be in trouble so she babbles and whines at me like, "please mom I'm really not trying to be bad" and than she'll proceed to move away, but as soon as I turn my back she's back into it and just waiting for my return. She gets into way more stuff than Ethan did and he always adds to her mischief. I just caught her getting into the plastic forks and the dish towel drawers. She knew she was caught too!! Earlier she got into Ethan's drawers and pulled out all of his clothes.
Two days ago I was telling Ethan to give me a kiss and he ignored me, but Aliana walked right over to me and kissed me. It was so dang cute! She started giving kisses when we would say "muah" but now kisses when asked for a kiss or beso.
When she walks around she makes this "zzz" sound. It's so cute!! She also holds out her pointing finger like she's pointing at something. Her first word was last week (besides "mama" and "dada") was "car". If she didn't have an older brother obsessed with cars who knows what it would've been. It's so funny because she'll steal the cars from Ethan and book it so he can't get them from her.
My little ham is so fun and cute. She is such a bright little girl already and I can't wait to see the new things she is going to do this next month!! Her birthday is Thursday! Wow I can't believe she'll be a year!!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Well last night I got him all ready for bed and read him a book a couple times and turned off the light. He whined a little but soon fell asleep. Instead of putting his hand in my hair which he kept trying to do but just couldn't quite reach it he decided to hold my hand and if he let go to cover himself more with the blanket he would immediately say, "hand" so that I would give him my hand back to hold. While I was doing this Roger came home from work and a friend stopped by so when I slid out of the room he heard them talking and immediately woke up. So Roger said he would help get him back to sleep. One of our New Year's Resolutions was to read scriptures and pray together as a family. I know that this might not work with all of us because Ali goes to bed usually before Roger gets home, but we will try our best. I read a couple of scriptures to Ethan and then we went back to his room again and Roger and I knelt by his bed. He wasn't too sure about that and stayed on his couch. I told him to fold his arms and close his eyes so we could pray. He did so and I started the prayer. Halfway through the prayer he decided he wanted to be by us so he came and knelt down right next to Roger. It was so dang cute. After the prayer we put him back in bed and this time it wasn't just my hand he had to hold it was both of ours. You probably can't imagine this but Roger and I were both cuddled together as close as we could to the bed just so he could hold our hands. This time he fell asleep even faster. I think it was because he had already done it so it wasn't a big deal. I was so proud of him because he didn't cry or throw a fit he just layed there. It was so awesome to have him in his own room and bed. Now I do have to admit that at about 5 AM he ended up back in our bed because he woke up crying, but went calmly back to sleep. Roger and I atleast got to sleep together for a little bit well not really because Ali woke up soon after we went to bed and would not go back to sleep!! Atleast we're working on it!!
I love these two kids and although I'm extremely exhausted at the end of the day I smile when I see their faces! I am so thankful that there is a plan for all of us and having children is part of that plan because without these kids I wouldn't be as happy. They really make me who I am!