Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm feeling...

like today is a good day. I registered this morning for my last two quarters of classes!! WAHOO!! Now I'm guessing many of you didn't know that after I had Ethan I continued to pursue my degree. After going to one full semester at Southern Virginia University and then not finishing full time the second semester because of morning sickness (mind you I had biology at 7am so that was definitely not going to happen with a lab that had rotten milk in it) I felt a little discouraged, but wasn't too hurt because I wanted to be a mom!! I am getting my bachelor's degree in Business Management!! After this quarter I only have 5 more classes so they are dividing it so that I have 3 classes next quarter and then my last quarter I will have my senior project and an elective of my choice! I can't believe it's finally coming to a close. It feels like it's taken forever. When I started back to school again my school only requires 2 classes a quarter to be full time because most students are parents or have full time jobs as well so it works out great. It is based on the east coast and since that was where we were originally I just felt safe going with it, but it's worked out great here in Washington as well. If any of you are interested in completing your degree because you are so close you should think about it. It's called Strayer University Online and there isn't different tuition for being out of state.

So the debate is whether or not I should continue on and get my Master's Degree. I have been thinking about it since Roger will still be in school. I haven't gotten any information on it yet, but if I could do it than why not right? I eventually would love to have a couple different businesses and I'm not just talking about the stuff I'm already doing, but much more...

I have learned so much about how a business should be run and where your money should be invested in order to succeed with these classes and I love it. I am definitely happy my family and Roger talked me into continuing on to get my degree. I was so close after high school with already having my associate's and all I wanted to be was a mom, but I feel good about knowing if I have to support my family someday it is completely possible!! Today has been a good day...although I have a stinkin' headache...but that's what my days consist of anyways...

5 comments:

Aly said...

Congrats! I am so proud! I know it is tough. I have my master's application ready to go, with all of my references and study guides for the GRE, but it just isn't plausible with Nate in medical school right now, since he is gone so much. But someday. Way to go!

Crystal said...

Thats very exciting news Ashley. Congrats! I can't believe you have managed to do so much with two little kids. It seems like you always have something going. You're amazing.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ash, we knew you could do it. I know it hasn't been easy but it certainly is worth it.Love ya,gm

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

So cool! I didn't know you were still working toward your degree and it is so fun that you are so close. It is definitely a nice feeling when it is done, but enjoy school however long it lasts!

julie waites said...

I'm proud of you Sis. And yes I think you should get your masters!
Mom