Thursday, February 12, 2009

1 Year and 2 Year Well Child Visits

Aliana and Ethan got caught up on their well child checks today. I don't know what I was thinking scheduling them during Roger's class. For some reason I thought I could do it by myself. At the last minute he decided he would just go to the later class so that he could help me. I was so thankful because man were the little pills. I couldn't believe how crazy they were acting. They do like to explore new places so I guess maybe that was just what they wanted to do.

Aliana got checked out first. She weighed in at a whopping 17.5 pounds! Oh my goodness I knew she was light, but she is just not gaining weight. The weird thing is is that she can put away food like no other and as soon as she is hungry she lets me know it. For weight she was in the 2%, but for height she was 81% at 30.5 inches. Her head measured at 16.5 inches, but didn't get the percentile on that. I'm guessing it's just under average because she's never had a big head. Everything else checked out good for her. She was still for the doctor and let her check her over good, but as soon as she was back in my arms we just wrestled around the whole time. She wanted down. There was no way I was putting her naked body on that exam room floor. She got six shots so she could get caught up on her shots. One was the flu shot. They said that a lot of their cases last year were diagnosed in February and March and their first two cases this year were last week so we decided to get them flu shots even though I thought it might be a little late in the season already.

Ethan got checked last and man did he hate it! He weighed 29 lbs. so he was 51% for weight and 53% for height at 35.1 inches. His head was 19 inches in size and was 31%. All in all I call him my average kid. When he was born and for the first 6-9 months he was a big boy, but he's evened out. It's crazy how kids in the same family can be so completely different. I'm sure that they are opposite sexes has something to do with as well. He was not too happy with the doctor. I had to get right in his face for him to lay down while they looked over him and tried to bribe him with chocolate. He doesn't have to go back until he's 3 so I'm hoping he'll be a little better, but I've been reading that 3 is worse than 2 so who knows!! Ethan got a flu shot and his second hepatitis A shot. He was not happy about that. He got his shots before Ali and so when I took him out and she went in to get hers he knew right away and kept crying for "Ali". It was so sad! He did not like having band aids on his legs either. He wanted them off right away! I told the doctor about Ethan's sleep walking spells. I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but since he's been going to bed in his bed he will wake up 2-4 hours after he falls asleep and come into our room and just stand there in Roger's face staring at him. He doesn't cry or say anything so Roger will put him in bed with us and he just lies there his eyes wide open. I try to comfort him and talk to him and make facial expressions at him and he just stares blankly. It's really kind of freaky so hopefully he can move on from it. The doctor thought he was young to have started doing it already, but not unheard of. I guess we're just lucky he hasn't hurt himself doing it.

3 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

haha Fun! I'm so glad that after 2 they don't have to go till they're 3!! That's cute that Ethan was concerned for Ali about the shots!! And the sleepwalking thing.. that would kind of freak me out!! I'd just be glad he wasn't standing in MY face cuz i'd probably scream if I woke up with someone in my face!! That's kinda funny tho!

Cam and Josie said...

It's so not fun when our little ones get sick! But I LOVE their cuddliness! And 17.5lbs? What a tiny little thing Ali is!

Sarai Stones said...

You have the most adorable kids in the world! Youre little girl would be the perfect baby doll!