Monday, March 2, 2009

What I loved in February...

I previously wrote about my mom watching the kids for me. Well the last full weekend in February she offered to watch them again so I could give my bedroom (and laundry) some much needed attention. It also gave Roger and I a chance to go out after work one night to see Taken. That was really all we had time for so we didn't get to enjoy a nice meal out together. :( I had spent most of that previous week in Moses Lake going to my sister's basketball game and watching Natalie so Roger hadn't seen the kids for a week. The picture above is what they did with him after they got a little of attention playing on the floor with him the night we got home. They just all cuddled up and watch Wall-E, Ethan's most recent favorite movie. My mom got him the Wall-E pillow. I love that my kids adore their dad so much. Ali has recently become really attached to him and would rather be with him than me.
This is our clean bedroom. There are some people I haven't allowed to go in here because of the dreaded laundry everywhere. To be honest we just have way too many clothing items to just fit in this dresser and our closet. Roger has almost his whole wardrobe in the kid's closet and I have some of mine in ours. We have a lot of work out type clothes though that need a place since our dresser is full so we will have to find something!! We got this bedroom set shortly before Ethan was born because my mom suggested us to have a headboard since I would be nursing at night and it has been a life saver. I am so happy we made this purchase early on in our marriage! I know I need some cute bedding to go along with it but I just can't find the right duvet cover for our down comforter. Oh and yes our walls are bare. I am working on that because we have beautiful wedding canvas' to hang. I also love that I got to have a clean room in February. A lot of you might think I'm a slacker, but since I don't spend anytime in our room but to sleep it is the last room on my agenda to be cleaned...everything else has my complete attention first!

6 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

Way cute bedroom set! I like it! As for Wall-E... that's ash's favorite lately too. fun times! That's so cute that they love their daddy so much. When ashlyn wants ryan over me.. sometimes I'm like.. that's not fair!! But at the same time I'm so glad I have such a great husband and that he loves his kid/s so much and they love him back just as much!! We are really blessed!

Ty Robbins said...

I'm with ya! The bedroom is always my last priority when it comes to cleaning the house. It's not exactly up the standards I grew up on, but hey! No one is perfect. :)

julie waites said...

I'm glad I was able to help you sis. I loved having the kids around so much last month. Your room looks awesome.

Aly said...

I feel the same way about our room. It has laundry everywhere and never gets cleaned because it is last on my list of things to do. You are so lucky to live close to your mom who would take the kids for you for a weekend. I would love that.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I totally understand the unclean bedroom and wished that I had cleaned up mine. It just seems to be the easiest place to throw stuff and then close the door! Your little ones are getting so big and are always so cute! I am glad you parents got a night to yourself and thanks for all the comments about our little Emree. She doesn't have red hair... it is brown with blonde tips. It is a lot like mine when I was a baby. I had dark hair and then it turned pretty blonde by the time I was one...so we will see.

Anonymous said...

Finally! Cute AND cheap baby/toddler stuff! CHECK IT OUT!
www.pocketzfullofpoziez.blogspot.com and
www.polkadotsndaisies.blogspot.com