Sunday, April 12, 2009

And it continues on...

Ethan is still sick...Diarrhea was hard when it was up to five times a day but now he's added in throwing up. I took a stool sample in Wednesday, but have yet to hear the results. Since we are in Moses for Easter my dad has seen him and says he thinks he might have Rotavirus, but we'll have to see. He said that most of the time with Rotavirus they feel crummier than Ethan is acting so he's just saying we'll have to see what the results say. He had me call the on call doctor at the Rockwood Clinic where Ethan has been seen to tell them what's been going on and to see if they'd find out the stool sample results but she told me it took DAYS. My dad said only usually 48 hours so I think she just didn't want to call because it sounded like she was busy cleaning her house or something when I was on the phone with her. She told me to just keep doing what we're doing. BLAH BLAH BLAH.... I think what I hate the most about babies being sick (or even viruses in general) is that you can't do anything but wait it out when all you want to do is give them something to make them feel better. I think we might get some phenergen suppositories and see if it helps him to just keep things down. With the diarrhea and throwing up he's gotten super skinny and looks so pale.

We are supposed to be at church with everyone right now, but last night he threw up after not throwing up for like 18 hours and then this morning when he woke up he just kept throwing up. Roger hasn't seen him throw up because he didn't get here until late last night, but he's been a SUPER dad and helped him to the toilet to throw up. E's begging for crackers because he's so hungry. I was super excited for the kids to get dressed up in their Easter outfits, but I guess we'll just have to take pictures another day. I am just thankful that I have my babies to hold onto. They are both incredibly strong and fight back so I'm sure we'll be through this sooner than later. (I'll keep my fingers crossed anyways.)

HAPPY EASTER to EVERYONE! I hope your day is filled with plenty of blessings and always remember Christ during this holiday. I know I do. It's incredible to me to think of what he went through for us. How wonderful is that? All of our lives are eternally blessed for being here on Earth.

3 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Cambree had the rotavirus, it was pretty nasty, and she was down for a good 7 to 9 days. They say it shouldn't last much longer then that, and it does suck that you can't do anything about it! it took FOREVER for us to get the stool sample results too. I actually finally called the hospital after she was feeling better, and they were like oh yeah it was the rotavirus, but we couldn't do anything about it anyway...it annoyed me that they never got back to me about it! good luck and i hope Ethan gets to feeling better SOON!!!!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

That sounds absolutely terrible! I hope that you Ethan gets back to himself as soon as possible :(.

Cameron said...

Oh poor Ethan and poor you and Roger! I hope he gets feeling better soon! I hope he can keep some food down.