Thursday, September 20, 2007

Birthday blues....

Yesterday was my 22nd birthday and I had the weirdest birthday feeling I've ever had. I know I'm really not that old, but it's sad to think that I won't be as mobile and pain free as I was when I was younger. Since I chose to dance on the gym floors those three years in high school on drill team without shoes I have ruined my knees and every time I run or am in extreme cold weather I get pain because I have two torn meniscus's. I also have bad ankles and a torn muscle in my back from being dropped while doing a flip. At the time those injuries did not mean anything to me because I enjoyed performing and loved dancing, but now that I am getting older pain keeps creeping up on me. I do miss dancing and still dream of opening my own studio one day once we have settled our family in one location, which won't be until Roger completes the rest of his schooling..oh such a long time from now. For the rest of my pregnancy I'm planning on walking 3 miles a day so I can keep my weight down if at all possible. And I will try to cut sweets out as much as possible, but that was hard with Ethan. That's all I wanted. I plan on getting into really good shape after this pregnancy as well so I can accomplish all of my goals. I plan on waiting atleast 3 years until we have another one just because these two will be so close and I want my body to heal well.

So I guess I won't be able to enjoy birthdays as much as I used to, but I'll just have to live with it and look at my kids and be happy that I've had the chance to experience all the joys of having a beautiful family. I love Ethan so much and I'm sure once I have another one I will love them both even more. There is nothing like a mother's love. So I guess I get to say to myself cheer up!! Life will get better even when I get older!!

No comments: